We Buy Silverware & Flatware
Our professional appraisers will provide you with accurate buying values for your silverware and flatware in conjunction with leading silver dealers and auction houses, both locally and internationally.
Silverware and flatware includes tableware, cutlery, ornaments, vintage sets and other silver items that were made with sterling silver.
Silverware is sometimes bought in sets, or combined to form sets, such as a set of silver candlesticks or a silver tea set. Each item of silverware has a unique hallmark, apart from the percentage of silver stamp. A hallmark can be used to refer to any distinguishing characteristic or trait of the piece.
Gold & Finance will give you a no obligation, free of charge, assessment of the value of your silverware and flatware. We will make you an offer in a friendly, discreet and secure environment of style, elegance and professionalism.
Should you require more information relating to the selling of your silverware and flatware, please contact one of our branches countrywide.
How to Identify Your Antique Silverware
There are several steps involved in identifying antique silverware and flatware:
- Examine your silver for hallmarks. If the piece is marked “sterling” or “925” it is sterling silver. You will also note a symbol that represents the manufacturer of the piece.
- Use a silver hallmark guide, such as the online encyclopaedia hhtp://www.925-1000.com/ which shows the hallmarks that identify the manufacturer of the piece.
- Examine all the patterns made by this manufacturer and match one to your piece. If the piece is more than 50 years old, it qualifies as an antique piece.
Know Your Silverware Worth? There Should Be Any Of These Four Marks On Your Unique Piece
Four Unique Hallmarks
- The Makers Mark – the master silversmith that is responsible for crafting the piece.
- The Assayers Mark – The initials of the Assayer master as well as the date.
- The Standard Silver Hallmark – Which varies from region to region.
- The City Mark – Which indicates the city the piece was made in.